Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The other night, Beth, Brian and Ruby came over for dinner and later in the evening while we were winding down and the children were watching Dora, I tried to sneak in a picture but Bennett moved from sitting on Parker's right side to her lap and starting saying "cheese". I think he was trying to sit in the middle but fell into Parker's lap. Either way I thought it was cute!

Sunday, Clif left early for New Mexico for work, so I tried to plan fun activities for the children since it rained on and off. We started off the day with some painting....we used these paint pens I got hoping that they would be less of a mess than having to use water. I was pleasantly surprised. Parker and Bennett had fun painting a few pictures for dad and there wasn't too much cleanup for mom!
Parker was concentrating hard on her masterpiece
Bennett was just having fun.
These are some random pictures of my lawn improvements. Back in February, we planted a new tree in the front lawn since we cut the dead one down last year. I selected a tulip poplar because it is a fast growing tree and we have a lot of lawn in the front. It was a little twig when it arrived but as you can see there are leaves blooming. This picture was a few weeks ago and it has leaves up and down its trunk now. I will keep you posted of its growth because I know that y'all are as interested in this as I am....HA!
This is another tree that we planted in the back yard. It was a tiny, tiny norway spruce sapling but it seems to be thriving and the lawn people haven't mowed it over yet! I know it is probably too big for the space but since it is such a slow grower I thought we could have a backyard Christmas tree eventually...Parker is excited about decorating it!
This is a picture of the irises that are in the backyard. They were already in the yard when we arrived so I won't take credit for them but they did much better this year than the last two.
I didn't take a picture of the hydrangeas yet but they are looking like they will have bountiful blooms this summer and I can't wait to show y'all!

No comments: