Friday, November 08, 2013

St. Louis here we come!

This year we were able to go to Louisville, MS again to Clif's Uncle Wally's house for a 4th of July celebration. Below is a cute picture of one tired little girl and her daddy. Check out her crossed legs!
The kids and I packed up for one last trip to Centralia before they started back to school -- the first week of August! It gets earlier and earlier every year. Below Langley is enjoying the hibiscus blossom.
The hardy hibiscus blossom caught Parker's eye.
Parker and Langley hit the jackpot with all my old Barbie clothes.
On this trip Coco, the kids and I packed up for a fun day in St. Louis. We didn't got to the zoo this time but visited the Arch and the City Museum.
Y'all can't see us but I like the fact that I tried!
The close up isn't very good anyway.

Parker was excited to get on the itty bitty elevator to go up in the arch...until she actually rode it. On the way up she closed her eyes and made us all be very quiet.
But once we arrived at the top her fear was gone. They loved it up there! Bennett was particularly loved Busch Stadium (probably because he has had baseball on his mind all summer).
Here, in the old "photo op" elevator, Parker was not scared one bit. I like this picture because it looks like they actually enjoy being together!
I love this picture! I couldn't get anyone to stop so that I could take a picture of them with the Arch in the background but somehow managed to get this shot. I think it looks like I used photoshop to put Bennett in the picture but I did not! What I do not like about this photo is how old he looks! :(
Our next stop, after a great lunch at the Spaghetti Factory, was the City Museum. I had heard lots about it but it doesn't really prepare you for how unique and crazy it is. I don't believe it is for small children (Langley was on the edge) but it is fantastic for older one. It is a little bit crazy because there are small spaces that are very dark that adults can't fit into and there are basically no rules. We lost Langley at least once maybe twice. I might have blocked that memory out. All in all we loved it and will definitely make a trip back! And yes that is a bus about to topple over the top of the building and the tall structure on the left hand side is a giant praying mantis. CRAZY place!
 
Below Parker is crawling up the long tunnel to the praying mantis to ride down the slide underneath it. There is another way to the top that is a lot less tedious but of course not as much fun.
And there is a ferris wheel at the top too! Very scary at first because it goes around faster than you would probably like.
Coco, Langley and Parker rode it first (bottom seat) and really enjoyed it.

Then Bennett and I did. That is his scared cry-baby face.
Langley loved to play in the old planes. They were kind of creepy in my opinion.
This girl is crazy! All I did was ask her to turn around so I could take her picture and this is what I got.
This placed is really insane! We didn't know what to expect but you can definitely spend the entire day at the City Museum. We didn't even visit any of the actual museum and I didn't include any of the indoor pictures because it just didn't do it justice (indoor tree house, dark caverns, 5 story slide, turtle pools and the list goes on)
 

No comments: