Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Most of y'all already know but we had a small flood in early September. Bennett threw up around midnight one night and I stripped his bed and began to wash the sheets. I closed the laundry lid and the door to the kitchen and went back to bed. When I awoke around 6:30 the next morning I opened the door to the kitchen and it felt like a sauna. I could hear the water still running from the washing machine and step into this
There was about 2 inches of water covering the den floor and it was running out the side door to the driveway. The washing machine never stopped filling up. Apparently this is very uncommon and it was an easy fix for the washing machine. The floors on the other hand were destroyed and we had to replace them. Now they are beautiful!
The problem was that the process to replace the floors took entirely too long. We were living on the buckled floors for around 3 weeks and then it took over 2 weeks to rip them out, lay them down, sand and stain. Also, we found some previous termite damage and had to rip out part of the wall so we decided to install beadboard paneling up to the window level. We realized that we definitely need that extra living space. Below Clif is catching up on his TV after the floors were laid but not yet sanded or stained.

The beadboard is going to be painted the same color as the rest of the trim and I'm going to change the wall color but haven't really found the right shade yet. We are also trying out a new furniture arrangement just to shake things up a bit.....it is so very exciting at our house! HA! I will post more pictures when we are done with our mini-remodel.

No comments: