Sunday, June 21, 2009

IT IS HOT IN MISSISSIPPI! and it is only June!

Good thing I am heading North for a couple of weeks with the children to visit Coco and Papa Jack. We are definitely staying busy this summer. Three weeks ago Parker had swim lessons every afternoon and is now swimming like a fish. She can get just about anything off of the pool bottom in the shallow end. Yesterday she started diving off of the diving board. It looked more like a belly flop but it didn't seem to hurt her. I will get a picture this week since we swim twice a day due to the 100 degree temps lately. This past week, she had dance camp every morning for three hours and a small program on Friday showing us what she learned. During those three hours, Bennett and I tried to get a little one on one time swimming, playing inside or running errands. I took a little video on my camera from the program and will post soon. The teachers said that they couldn't believe how well she did at the program because all week she just sat up against the wall (I wasn't at all surprised by this). I was pretty impressed too!


Here is a picture of her on the first morning of dance camp

Bennett grabbed a seat to watch his sister dance

Having dinner on the patio after an afternoon of swimming.
Also, my garden has been looking great despite the heat due to my new watering system!

No comments: